Sergio Borges was an elite level Ironman distance triathlete. He has dedicated the last 25 years to studying the ART and science of triathlon training. During this time, he has competed in hundreds of races of all distances including 23 Ironman races around the world (9:38 PR), over 60 half ironmans (4:12 PR), qualifying for the Hawaii Ironman World Championships seven times. Sergio has also been nominated as "All American" by USA Triathlon, 10 times. After a decade of investment banking, he decided to apply his expertise to triathlon coaching. In 2003 after contesting the traditional training for many years, Sergio developed the innovative and effective training method - Inverted Periodization.
Sergio's history in triathlon has contributed to the emergence of many of today's top California-based Pro and Age Group talents. Backing his hands-on success are credentials that stand out on the busy California triathlon scene, including:
- Level III USA Triathlon coach
- Level II ITU Triathlon Coach - Junior and U23 Development
- Level II USA Cycling coach
- Certified Ironman University Coach
- Former Head coach of the UCSD Triathlon Team (3 time National Champions and#1 Women Team 2006-2010)
- Former Head Coach of the UCI Triathlon Team
- Head Coach of the High Performance Paratriathlon Camp at the Olympic Training Center
- Head Coach of the First ever Paratriathlon Camp by Challenge Athletes Foundation
- Head Coach, USA Team (Elite, U23 and Junior) at the 2008, 2004 and 2003 Duathlon World Championships
- USAT Coach at Collegiate National Camps and Recruitment Camps at the Olympic Training Center
- USAT Lecturer at Coaching Level I and II Clinics
- Founder of the first Kids Triathlon Program in San Diego in 1998
- Contributor to three sport magazines and sites including ironman.com, TriFuel.com, Xtri.com, etc
- Over 145 athletes qualified for IM World Championships in Hawaii to date
- Feature lecturer in the Triathlon World Summit
- Contributing author of the USA Triathlon first ever book - Complete Triathlon Guide
Sergio is known for "thinking outside of the box" when it comes to triathlon training, in 2003 he developed his own method. Inverted Training Periodization and have since perfect it making Ironman Champions, Top 3 in 70.3 Races and many AG podiums around the World. Sergio combines his vast experience coaching athletes of all ages and abilities with a fundamental belief in the need for an individualized and realistic training plan for each athlete achieve his or her goal -- from staying healthy to becoming a champion!
Christian Stauffer has been a multi sports endurance athlete for the past 25 years. From early participation in adventure racing to ultra distance running (RTP Gobi 2008, RTP Namibia 2009 and RTP Sahara 2009). In the past 10 years his interest shifted to competitive triathlon and he has competed in numerous events from the ITU AG series to Ironman distance. A former Investment Manager, Christian has decided a few years ago to dedicate his time to coaching and has been strongly involved in the Asian para athletes development both in triathlon and cycling. Having been appointed the Head Coach of the Singapore National Para Cycling team has given him great experience at the development and high-performance level. In triathlon he has expertise in successfully coaching athletes from AG and youth development.
Christian, based in Singapore, has always paid attention to furthering his knowledge and credentials, including:
• Level II ITU Triathlon Coach
• Level I UCI Cycling coach - specialization Para
• International ITU Classifier (Trainee)
• National UCI Classifer
• Level I UCI Mechanics Certificate
• ISCO Bike Fitting School Level I
• Head Coach of the Singapore National Paracycling Team
• Triathlon Singapore Association facilitator for L1 Coaching and clinics
• Singapore Cycling Safe first batch of trainers
Christian is known for "considering everyone as an athlete" when it comes to training!